2/28/2010

getting started

Hey everyone! I know it's a little early to be talking about gardening but we have been busy getting ready for the upcoming season. Jim Graham and I (Brittany Gerald), have gotten the okay to expand last years garden space. This means we can acccomodate more gardeners! Jim and I will be working hard to get the word out to Radford to make sure we include everyone interested.


One exciting thing we are planning is our first annual kick off event. This event will be held on Saturday, April 17th at 11am at the community garden site (across from Dudley's Landing, next to Tanger Outfitters, also known as the old D.G.'s driving range). This will be the first day you can begin planting cool weather crops if you would like to. We have invited a few Master Gardeners from the area to come and they will be hosting a "Gardening Basics" workshop! I hope this will encourage some beginner level gardeners to come out and try gardening for their first time. I also hope to have a time to ask the M.G.'s any gardening questions. This will be a great time to come and learn more about gardening in a fun and easy way! We will also have a few other fun things going on that day. I will keep you updated as things become set in stone.

Jim and I are very excited to help make this years garden even better than last years. If you have any questions or concerns you can post to this blog or request to be sent my email. I hope you will stay tuned to all that we will be doing this year and hope you will join us in all the fun!

-Brittany

0 comments: