4/22/2010

success!

thank you to everyone who came out Saturday to our kick off! It was a great success. I think about 50 people came! Barry Robinson and two master gardeners came and gave a wonderful tutorial on soil testing and gardening basics.

Actually, because of the great success, I would love to start planning for another get together and invite Barry to come again. He said he was a little rushed because of other obligations that day and would love to come back and do another workshop once people start having veggies coming in! He suggested having an "eating meeting" and we could have a potluck dinner together! I think it sounds wonderful and I hope you can make it to this. I will let you know when I start planning this.

We have filled all 20 plots (yay!) and we have actually started a waiting list. Once the waiting list gets to atleast 8, we will plow some more plots. So get on over to the city manager's office in the City Municipal building and get on the waiting list if you're interested! We have 3 so far and need 5 more. Jim said he would like to make the cut off this Friday, so you better get over there quick!

Again, I'm so excited the kick off went so well and I thank you so much for coming and being a part of the community garden!

-Brittany

0 comments: